[osg-users] Plugin Problem, osgDB doesn't find plugins

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Jul 18 11:15:57 PDT 2008

Hello Ariasgore,

> This is not a linking error that must be fixed in the project, am i
> right? This is a missing dll as i suppose...

You didn't say if you compiled the 3rdParty dependencies yourself or
not. If you didn't do that, then stop trying other things and do that.
It will eliminate the most likely reason that the plugins don't load.
Re-read my previous message.

The problem is that when dynamically loading a plugin, the error message
is the same if the plugin is *not found* and if the plugin *could not be
loaded*. I suspect that in your case, the latter is what's happening.
And this could be caused by (among other things) the fact that the
plugins' dependencies (libjpegD.lib in your case) were compiled with a
different compiler than the plugins themselves.

Good luck,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/