[osg-users] Vertex texture fetch in r600+ ATI cards

Marko Srebre marko_srebre at t-2.net
Fri Jul 18 10:43:17 PDT 2008

This sure was a tough one. It's a weird hack.

To make osgshaderterrain example work on Radeon cards with VTF support,
you have to add something like this to the vertex shader code:

uniform sampler2D baseTexture;

vec4 dummy_lookup = texture2D(baseTexture, texcoord);

Also I get some queer behaviour when using two textures in fragment
program... ati opengl support seems quite buggy and unpredictable.