[osg-users] Please test SVN of OpenSceneGraph in prep for 2.5.5 dev release

Ulrich Hertlein u.hertlein at sandbox.de
Thu Jul 17 02:18:31 PDT 2008

Ulrich Hertlein wrote:
> SVN builds fine on MacOS X 10.5.4 with cmake 2.6.
>
> However when running osgwidgetframe I'm getting errors from the image
> loader:
> osgwidgetframe(4187) malloc: *** error for object 0xbfffc3d8:
> Non-aligned pointer being freed
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Error reading file osgWidget/border-left.tga :
> GraphicsImportGetNaturalBounds failed
>
> This apparently is an error in the Quicktime loader that's used for a
> number of image formats on OS X.

I'm actually seeing other problems with the image loader.  E.g. 'skydome.osg'
doesn't have a texture anymore (just gray).

Could someone on OS X please try the file under OpenSceneGraph-Data/Images?  It
appears that at least jpg, tga, gif are causing problems.  They result in
garbage or a fully transparent quad.

Have there been any changes in that area?

Cheers,
/ulrich