[osg-users] RE : Re: Loading a 3D texture with osgDB::ReadFile method

Franclin Foping fsfoping at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 16 14:57:45 PDT 2008

Dear Robert,
 Thank for your reply. Unfortunately that is not what I want to do.
 I was wondering if there is a way to extract each slice in a 3D texture.
 For instance, if  I have a 3D texture made of 256 slices of 2D textures. My question was to be able to retrieve these 2D textures and apply them on a geometry.
 I hope to have clarify the matter.
 Waiting for your reply.
 Franclin.

Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com> a écrit : Hi Franclin,

You simple do:

  osg::ref_ptr image = osgDB::readImageFile("my3dtexture.dds");

Then apply this image to your osg::Texture3D as you would any other texture.

Robert.