[osg-users] Calling Wojciech Lewandowski - osgShadow improvements(LiSPSM)

Wojciech Lewandowski lewandowski at ai.com.pl
Wed Jul 16 14:16:59 PDT 2008

Hi J-S and All,

I have been quite busy recently but I am still open to do this. Since a
number of submitted files would be rather large and I have not done such
contribution before I expected that Robert may do some short preview of the
preliminary code I sent earlier and make suggestions how it should be
refactored/wrapped to fit into osg. My code goes beyond some osgShadow
concepts and I would feel more comfortable if I had some feedback before
doing further rearrangements.

In the meantime I was tweaking and cleaning ConvexHull (CustomPolytope) math
code. The ConvexHull math was bit numerically unstable, it was really
painfull to trace down the issues but I think I managed to fix that. I may
create another code snapshot for the users to review with this new
ConvexHull class (I have not decided on its name yet,  maybe I will change
it to ConvexPolyhdron because ConvexHull class already exists in osg).

Cheers,Wojtek