[osg-users] Configure error on Sun Solaris machine

Smith, Leonard C leonard.c.smith at ngc.com
Wed Jul 16 07:53:13 PDT 2008

Hello Robert;

I have found the error, and after correcting it, I now have OSG 2.4 configured and built on a Solaris 10 machine, after making a few edits in the socket plugins.  The problem stemmed from the fact that there were a few linux wxWidgets binaries in my path, which were causing the configure to fail.  I removed them from the path, and re-configured.

I am using cmake 2.6, patch 0 on the Solaris machine with no issues.  OSG configured fine.

After the configure had generated the makefiles, I had a few problems in the source code for the net plugins.

I had to edit src/osgPlugins/net/sockinet.cpp and src/osgPlugins/net/sockstream.cpp to go around the #define that was renaming socklen_t to int.

After the edits were made, I tried a build, and now have OSG 2.4 up and running on a Solaris 10 Sparc machine.

Thanks to Jean-Sebastien and yourself for all of the help.

Lenny