[osg-users] Little ray-tracing example using the KD-tree

Paul Melis paul at science.uva.nl
Wed Jul 16 07:06:49 PDT 2008

Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D) wrote:
> Hi,
> get the code i wrote (kdTree challenge...) , then you will have also
> shadows :-) and multi-thread support :-)
I didn't notice your "challenge" was about ray-tracing. Interesting way
of transitioning from OSG rendering to raytraced rendering. It looks
like you put in a lot of effort to handle materials and such correctly,
so that the raytraced version comes close to realtime rendering. Or am I
misunderstanding the two "modes" of rendering and is the one during
interaction also raytraced, but without shadows and only simple shading?

Paul