[osg-users] Bug Resolution List for 2.6 [Was: osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk]

John Vidar Larring larring at weatherone.tv
Wed Jul 16 04:28:01 PDT 2008

Hi all,

 > We have a BugResolution page on the wiki, I'd suggest putting
 > outstanding bugs on here, we can then work out which ones will be
 > possible to resolve before 2.6 and what ones will have to be tackled
 > after.   Later this evening I'll add general OSG bugs that I haven't
 > resolved yet.

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Community/Tasks/BugResolution

One bug that I'd like to see fixed before the 2.6 release is that
osgSim::ShapeAttributeList is _not_ serialized in .ive files, only for
.osg files.

Steps to reproduce bug using attached sample file:

% cat ShapeAttributeListSample.osg
Geode {
    name "ShapeAttributeListSample.osg"
    UserData {
      osgSim::ShapeAttributeList {
        string "cntry_name" "New Zealand"
        int    "colormap" 6
        string "curr_code" "NZD"
        string "curr_type" "NZ Dollar"
        string "fips_cntry" "NZ"
        string "gmi_cntry" "NZL"
        string "iso_2digit" "NZ"
        string "iso_3digit" "NZL"
        string "landlocked" "N"
        string "long_name" "New Zealand"
        int    "pop_cntry" 3528197
        string "sovereign" "New Zealand"
        double "sqkm" 268341
        double "sqmi" 103606
      }
    }
    nodeMask 0xffffffff
    cullingActive TRUE
    num_drawables 0
}

% osgconv ShapeAttributeListSample.osg faulty.ive
% osgconv faulty.ive faulty.osg
% cat faulty.osg
Geode {
   name "ShapeAttributeListSample.osg"
   nodeMask 0xffffffff
   cullingActive TRUE
   num_drawables 0
}

Best regards,
John Larring

Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Jeremy Moles <jeremy at emperorlinux.com> wrote:
>> There are some remaining focus list bugs I'm working on...
>
> We have a BugResolution page on the wiki, I'd suggest putting
> outstanding bugs on here, we can then work out which ones will be
> possible to resolve before 2.6 and what ones will have to be tackled
> after.   Later this evening I'll add general OSG bugs that I haven't
> resolved yet.
>
>   http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Community/Tasks/BugResolution
>
> Robert.

Best regards,