[osg-users] osgWidget Remaining Issues

Kim C Bale K.Bale at hull.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 02:06:00 PDT 2008

This wasn't using OSG but rather pure OpenGL. However, I have attached
the relevant code in a zip. Jeremy might find this interesting too.

Basically if the font size <= 12 pixels, we change the FT_Load_Char call
to include the FT_LOAD_TARGET_MONO flag which tells freetype to create a
monochrome bitmap for the character instead of greyscale. (See the
FTFont class)

So, I should imagine that would require a modification to the Freetype
plugin if it were to be used with OSG. Although I haven't looked at that
code so I can't say for sure.

This works very well for pixel aligned 2D screen fonts.

Credit to James Ward for the code

Regards,

Kim.