[osg-users] osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk

Vican, Justin E. jvican at draper.com
Tue Jul 15 12:49:27 PDT 2008

Hi Jeremy, J-S, Robert,
I just updated to the latest and greatest (r8597), and the new osgWidget code is throwing the following errors when I try to compile:
64Bit Linux, RHEL4, gcc3.4.6

src/osgWidget/Window.cpp: In member function `bool osgWidget::Window::EmbeddedWindow::setWindow(osgWidget::Window*)':
include/osgWidget/Widget:67: error: `osgWidget::Window*osgWidget::Widget::_parent' is private
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp:118: error: within this context
include/osgWidget/Widget:67: error: `osgWidget::Window*osgWidget::Widget::_parent' is private
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp:118: error: within this context
include/osgWidget/Widget:112: error: `osgWidget::WindowManager* osgWidget::Widget::_getWindowManager() const' is private
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp:120: error: within this context
include/osgWidget/Widget:112: error: `osgWidget::WindowManager* osgWidget::Widget::_getWindowManager() const' is private
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp:120: error: within this context
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp: In member function `void osgWidget::Window::_removeFromGeode(osgWidget::Widget*)':
src/osgWidget/Window.cpp:413: warning: converting of negative value `-0x00000000000000001' to `unsigned int'
gmake[3]: *** [src/osgWidget/CMakeFiles/osgWidget.dir/Window.o] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `BUILD/Linux/x86_64'
gmake[2]: *** [src/osgWidget/CMakeFiles/osgWidget.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `BUILD/Linux/x86_64'
gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `BUILD/Linux/x86_64'
gmake: *** [build] Error 2

The following minor modifications seem to resolve the errors.  Is this an acceptable modification?

#if 0 // SVN r8597
    if(_parent) parented(_parent);
    WindowManager* wm = _getWindowManager();
#else // My modifications:
    if (getParent()) parented(getParent());
    WindowManager* wm = getWindowManager();
#endif

Thanks,
Justin

P.S.  Other than that, the source tree seems to be building fine ... 44% done ... will update after coffee :)