[osg-users] osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Jul 15 12:21:01 PDT 2008

Hi Jeremy,

> It's all up to the ResizeHandler though; if you wanted to ALWAYS work in
> some coordinate space like 1024x768, it should be possible just by using
> (or perhaps not even using) a different ResizeHandler. The one I created
> in ViewerEventHandler, however, tries to make sure the WindowManager
> object always knows the exact pixel dimensions of the View.

The question is will it be automatic? If, for a HUD, you always want to
have pixel-exact mapping, then it should be automatic and not depend on
what size the user sets his window to.

I'll leave the details to you, as you're much better placed to
understand what's involved. All I'm saying is that osgViewer supports
users setting environment variables or passing command-line arguments to
control how the window appears, and I think that in examples, these
should not be overridden by hard-coding a window position/size.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/