[osg-users] osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Tue Jul 15 11:46:06 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:27 -0400, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> Hello Robert, Jeremy,
>
> > Thanks in advance for you assistance on testing.  Once it looks like
> > things are building across all our main platforms I'll go ahead and
> > tag another dev release.
>
> Builds on Windows Vista, VS8 here, with the previously posted fixes and
> the changed osgwidget example CMakeLists.txt files.
>
> I'm getting some errors in the osgWidget examples which I didn't get
> when osgWidget was separate from OSG though:
>
> ============================
>
> osgwidgetbox doesn't display anything

There should be two windows (this is an attempt at using
CompositeViewer). As you can see, I fail. :)

> ============================
>
> osgwidgetshader can't find the shaders, even if I updated the
> OpenSceneGraph-Data from SVN and they're there...
>
> ============================
>
> In osgwidgetnotebook, when clicking on a tab, I get
>
> osgWidget: Window [notebook] couldn't find the Widget [Tab_0] in it's
> object list.

There are some remaining focus list bugs I'm working on...

> but the behavior seems correct (i.e. the correct tab becomes active).
>
> ============================
>
> On startup, osgwidgetmenu gives
>
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
> -72 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
> -72 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
> -72 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
> -72 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Grarar!?!] can't call resizeAdd() with the
> values -64 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
> -72 and 0
> osgWidget: Window [Menu_Grarar!?!] can't call resizeAdd() with the
> values -64 and 0
>
> (apart from the font not found messages) and there is no menu on screen.
>
> ============================
>
> Finally, and this is something that bugged me before but should probably
> be fixed now that osgWidget is part of core OSG: it seems like the
> osgWidget examples set some values for the window
> (viewer.setUpViewInWindow(0, 0, 1280, 1024);) whereas they should just
> use the normal viewer and let the user set OSG_WINDOW, or --window, or
> whatever themselves. On Windows, particularly, using
> setUpViewInWindow(0, 0, 1280, 1024) gives a window whose extents go out
> of the screen, so the top of the graphics window is chopped off...

Ah, interesting. I always figured I was doing folks a favor by
hard-coding a small size, but code can certainly be added to have it
behave as you suggest. The key is to make sure that the orthographic
camera is properly resized properly, which should be done by the
ResizeHandler object.