[osg-users] osgWidget now checked into OSG SVN trunk

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Tue Jul 15 11:27:03 PDT 2008

Hello Robert, Jeremy,

> Thanks in advance for you assistance on testing.  Once it looks like
> things are building across all our main platforms I'll go ahead and
> tag another dev release.

Builds on Windows Vista, VS8 here, with the previously posted fixes and
the changed osgwidget example CMakeLists.txt files.

I'm getting some errors in the osgWidget examples which I didn't get
when osgWidget was separate from OSG though:

============================

osgwidgetbox doesn't display anything

============================

osgwidgetshader can't find the shaders, even if I updated the
OpenSceneGraph-Data from SVN and they're there...

============================

In osgwidgetnotebook, when clicking on a tab, I get

osgWidget: Window [notebook] couldn't find the Widget [Tab_0] in it's
object list.

but the behavior seems correct (i.e. the correct tab becomes active).

============================

On startup, osgwidgetmenu gives

osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
-72 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
-72 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
-72 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
-72 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Grarar!?!] can't call resizeAdd() with the
values -64 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Pick me!] can't call resizeAdd() with the values
-72 and 0
osgWidget: Window [Menu_Grarar!?!] can't call resizeAdd() with the
values -64 and 0

(apart from the font not found messages) and there is no menu on screen.

============================

Finally, and this is something that bugged me before but should probably
be fixed now that osgWidget is part of core OSG: it seems like the
osgWidget examples set some values for the window
(viewer.setUpViewInWindow(0, 0, 1280, 1024);) whereas they should just
use the normal viewer and let the user set OSG_WINDOW, or --window, or
whatever themselves. On Windows, particularly, using
setUpViewInWindow(0, 0, 1280, 1024) gives a window whose extents go out
of the screen, so the top of the graphics window is chopped off...

Let me know if there is any more testing I can do. The next step once we
fix these issues is probably to get a few screenshots to make sure the
output is correct w.r.t. what you expect.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/