[osg-users] Looking for tips on importing osgWidget

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Tue Jul 15 07:44:26 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 15:42 +0100, Robert Osfield wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> svn experts I need you!!
>
> I'm now ready to pull in Jeremy Moles work on osgWidget, and have tried:
>
> cd OpenSceneGraph/include
> svn copy http://osgwidget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/include/osgWidget/ .
>
> Now this copies the files into my local copy, but reports the message:
>
> svn: Source URL
> 'http://osgwidget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/include/osgWidget' is from
> foreign repository; leaving it as a disjoint WC
>
> What I was hoping was that svn would be clever enough to allow me to
> import the files and histories directly into the OSG's svn repository.
>  I've done some searches on this topic on web and haven't really come
> up with anything that really tells me whether I'm doing is possible
> and if it is, how to go about it.
>
> Is there some option in svn that I'm missing?
>
> The easy fix that I know of would be to export the files from
> osgwidget.googlecode.com and then import these into the OSG.  I know
> this will work, but it'll loose all the history.

You would lose the history, but this may not be too big of a deal,
really. I've been good about keeping the CHANGELOG up to date, but my
commit messages are hardly worth preserving. As a matter of fact, I had
always assumed you would import it from a local un-SVN'ified version,
and that my horrible SVN log messages would go away. :)