[osg-users] KD-Tree Performance Challenge....

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:48:12 PDT 2008

Hi Adrian,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D)
<3dhelp at gmail.com> wrote:
> i would like to merge my kdTree code with osg::KdTree. hopely it will work,
> but it's not as easy as it sound :-)
> (my code, you still know :-) )

Might I suggest implemting a KdTree subclass rather than modifying
KdTree itself, at least during these initial stages of KdTree support.
 Please remember that not only does the KdTree have to be efficient to
intersect with, it must as be efficient to build, be memory efficient
and be easily maintainable - the last part is important as I'm the guy
who has to support the code, and sometimes code submitted is a bit
like a hit and run accident...