[osg-users] KD-Tree Performance Challenge....

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 13:16:47 PDT 2008

Hi Adrian,

Neat benchmark, I won't have a chance to look at your benchmark today
as it's late.  Perhaps you could morph it into something we could put
into the osgkdtree example.  If you can provide your own code under
the OSGPL then we'd be able to merge the best bits of the various
implementations.

W.r.t benchmarking, there are the other elements that we need to
address, such as the cost of IntersectionVisitor traversal. cost of
recording hits, these I have found are more expensive than doing
KdTree traversals.

The other element that needs benchmarking is build performance.

Robert.