[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.5.4 developer release tagged

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Mon Jul 14 13:10:05 PDT 2008

Hi again Robert,

>>> BTW, what about Wojtek's new shadow algorithm(s)? Have you had a
>>> chance to
>>> review those? It would be really nice to include those in 2.6, as
>>> they both
>>> fix issues with the old osgShadow::ShadowMap and also add new shadow
>>> techniques.
>>
>> If Wojtek is ready to submit them then I'm happy to review them.
>> Testing by others would be useful as I'll be rather stretched over the
>> next couple of weeks.
>
> He posted the code and project to osg-users a while back, and I think I
> was the only one who tested it... Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. In any
> case, I didn't see any problems, though I only tested on Windows Vista.
> Not a very big sample size, I know. :-)

I found the thread on gmane, just to convince myself that I didn't
hallucinate... :-)

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.openscenegraph.user/28683/focus=28705

You can even download the code zip file from the gmane archive, pretty cool.

So yeah, I'd be very interested in getting this integrated, and it
worked fine for me (see follow-up discussion in that thread for
details). Perhaps Wojtek made some changes since then, so I'll be happy
to re-test if that's the case.

Let me know if there is more I can do to help drive this forward.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/