[osg-users] KdTree support now checked in

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 12:31:18 PDT 2008

Hi J-S,

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Jean-Sébastien Guay
<jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com> wrote:
> I was wondering, is there a way this new kd-tree can be leveraged to make
> other types of intersection tests (polytope) faster too? I will soon need to
> integrate polytope intersections for picking of lines and points into our
> framework, so it would be cool if those could be accelerated too.

osg::KdTree could support osg::Polytope intersections, but I haven't
implemented this as it wasn't required for the client, and I want to
get 2.6 out the door sooner rather than later.  Feel free to pitch in,
but bare in mind I want to get 2.6 out in the next two weeks.