[osg-users] GL_TEXTURE_GEN_S question

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 11:42:37 PDT 2008

Hi Judie,

When you enable tex gen, the texture coordinates are generated down on
the GPU for each vertex that is processed, so it's not a state that
you need to update at all.  It'd best to grab an OpenGL book, or looks
at online docs to get a full understanding of tex gen.  The OSG just
wraps up what OpenGL provides, so the OpenGL reference material will
go a long way to helping you understand how tex gen is done in OSG.

Robert.