[osg-users] Cygwin compiled version from Svn will only load and convert osg files and not gif files - any thoughts?

Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Fri Jul 11 11:37:17 PDT 2008

Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> osgviewer --image bob.jpg
>
> it creates a quad (in 3D space) and maps your image onto it as a
> texture. So it's still displaying a model in 3D. Yes, it may be the .osg
> loader, but it may be something totally unrelated. You just haven't
> presented enough information to be able to make that call at this point.
>
> I think you just need to start with basics. Compile OSG and osgviewer in
> debug mode, start it in gdb and recreate your crash on exit. That will
> give you a stack trace. From that you can try to debug further or post
> the trace here to see if we can spot something. (note that getting a
> stack trace is the first step to debug any crash)

Actually in my mind the --image and the use of other file types does tell
us something.  Either I modified DynamicLibrary.cpp to tell us it was going
to close a library or it was already there but I did add another notify to
tell us when it returned from the close. If I display a gif, jpg, rgb, bmp
using osgViewer I will see the appropriate plugin.dll open, see the message
it is closing and the message it closed and the program will terminate
normally.  If I display an osg file (without the --image since it doesn't
like that for an osg file) then I get the following output from gdb.  I
changed the order of the closes because in Cygwin if the
cygwin_osgdb_osgd.dll closed first you never saw the close for
cygwin_osgdb_rgbd.dll.   Changing the order Lifo vs Fifo (not sure from
what to what) allowed me to see the close on the rgb and then see it hang
on cygwin_osgdb_osgd.dll.  Now as I say using the --image and other type
images then osgviewer terminates normally.

Bk

Registry::closeAllLibraries()
Closing DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.5.3/cygwin_osgdb_rgbd.dll
DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.5.3/cygwin_osgdb_rgbd.dll successfully closed
Closing DynamicLibrary osgPlugins-2.5.3/cygwin_osgdb_osgd.dll
69875973 [main] osgviewerd 3880 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
failed, si
gnal 6, rc 258, Win32 error 0

Program exited with code 03000.
(gdb) thread bt apply all