[osg-users] Runtime Crater

Brian R Hill bhill22 at csc.com
Fri Jul 11 10:59:08 PDT 2008

Check out osgTDS:

http://www.andesengineering.com/Projects/TDS/

Brian

-----osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org wrote: -----

To: <osg-users at lists.openscenegraph.org>
From: <spowers at gdrs.com>
Sent by: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
Date: 07/11/2008 12:42PM
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Runtime Crater

I am also interested in this. Basically I have a terrain that I want to
deform when an explosion happens.

I was thinking of using a vertex shader that will read a new texture
applied to the newly exploded area and deform the are based on that
texture. The problem with this is that the terrain will only be deformed in
the camera view and the physics model for vehicles will not be affected by
the new crater.

Are there any other techniques that would work better?

-Steve