[osg-users] Runtime Crater

spowers at gdrs.com spowers at gdrs.com
Fri Jul 11 09:42:46 PDT 2008

I am also interested in this. Basically I have a terrain that I want to
deform when an explosion happens.

I was thinking of using a vertex shader that will read a new texture
applied to the newly exploded area and deform the are based on that
texture. The problem with this is that the terrain will only be deformed
in the camera view and the physics model for vehicles will not be
affected by the new crater.

Are there any other techniques that would work better?

-Steve