[osg-users] Drawing to Texture2D

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Fri Jul 11 08:39:34 PDT 2008

Hi James,

> I was wondering if it is possible to draw on a Texture2D instance. I
> know this isn't possible, but I am wondering if you can do the
> equivalent of:
> Texture2Dinstance->DrawCircle(x,y,r);

OSG does not do 2D drawing to images. You can do your own by getting the
data pointer from an osg::Image and drawing pixels into that (if you
feel the need to write your own line, circle, flood-filling etc.
algorithms :-) ), or you can use an imaging library (ImageMagick, etc.)
to make the image and then get the data from that library and copy it
into an osg::Image (or perhaps even use the same pointer if it's a raw
format). No need to save the image to disk and re-read it with OSG.

Hope this helps,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/