[osg-users] osgviewerQT, qt4.4.0 and .osg file

Johan Nouvel openscenegraph at archivideo.com
Fri Jul 11 02:31:19 PDT 2008

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the link.
With GDAL way, no need for controlling the output, it's during the reading phase that conversion in done

To resume :
1- searching local decimal separator
2- replace separator character into input string
3- convert string using standard method (atof for example)

Step 1 could be done at initialization time.
Steps 2 and 3 should be done each reading. The overhead is only step 2, as step 3 must be and is already called.

As far as I known, only osgDB::Field should be changed, for getFloat and calculateFieldType methods.
With only this, reading an osg file will work regardless of locale.

Robert and others :
I'm right ? Do you think it worth the effort ? Forgot something ?

Johan.