[osg-users] RE : Re: RE : multitexturing coordinates

Franclin Foping fsfoping at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 10 15:00:02 PDT 2008

Hi Peter,
 You can achieve a multitexture effect quite easily again look at my tutorials. The problem is all about defining the geometry of objects yourself and in order to do this you will need to rely on the geometry class.
 But for shape drawable, geometry information is hidden to clients (and I don't know why but I suspect performance issues) that is why you need to use shaders for them. Because by making use of shaders you are actually changing the graphics pipeline.
Talk to you soon.
 F.

Jason Daly <jdaly at ist.ucf.edu> a écrit : Peter Wraae Marino wrote:
> Hi Franclin,
>
> Yea doing it using a shader is easier and more flexible, but is there
> a reason why we don't get access to do multitexture coordinates?
>
> Jasons suggestion: osg::Geometry::setTexCoordArray() is not for
> multitexture coordinates, so I can't really use that.

I use it for multitexture coordinates all of the time.   Why would you
think it doesn't work?

--"J"