[osg-users] Cygwin compiled version from Svn will only load and convert osg files and not gif files - any thoughts?

Brian Keener brianklistacct at alltel.net
Thu Jul 10 14:51:05 PDT 2008

Alberto Luaces wrote:
> > Any thoughts why no data is loaded - other programs on the system
> > (Windows XP but running osg in Cygwin) seem to recognize it as a gif.
>
> osgconv only works with 3D data files. osgviewer also expects a 3D file, but
> if you use the "--image" option, it will create a textured quad with the
> image in order to show it to you on the screen.

Whoo hoo,

Maybe I'm getting some where.  Thanks Alberto.  If I use osgviewer to test and
use the --image and display a jpg or gif or bmp file then osgViewer terminates
normally but if I try to display an osg file (without the --image option) then
I get the hang.  If I use the --image option on the osg file I get no data
loaded so 1) is there an option similar to the --image that might limit what
we
are attempting to do to the osg file or how we would display it.  It may be a
far jump but my thoughts are this leads us down the path that it there is
possibly something either in the osg plugin or more likely - the 3d
functionality and the extra logic and threads needed to accomplish the 3d
display.

Thoughts

bk