[osg-users] questions about calling Group.replaceChild()

Ke Li hetwice at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:09:50 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have several questions about calling replaceChild() of an Osg.Group object.

1. I created two Geodes, originalNode and coloredNode. They had identical vertex array and normal array, while having different color array;

2. originalNode was added to an Osg.Group parentNode and displayed;

4. In runtime I called parentNode.replaceChild(originalNode, coloredNode);

5. sometimes the coloredNode is not diplayed at all. Whether it is displayed or not seems completely random.

I'm confused by the randomness. Can anyone give some enlightenment? Am I supposed to apply NodeCallback in my case? Since I'm using the OSG dotNet wrappers, I'm wondering if NodeCallback is completed in the dotNet wrappers?

Thank you for your help!

Li