[osg-users] cessnafire.osg...

Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC Shayne.Tueller at HILL.af.mil
Mon Jul 7 11:28:40 PDT 2008

Robert,

I understand that you have to move the particle system out in the world
space and make it local to the moving model, but how do you get at the
particle system inside the file in the first place? That, to me, is the big
question. If I read between the lines in your response, I get the impression
that it can't be done and that I must define my own particle system
explicitly.

If it is possible to isolate the particle system out of the cessnafire.osg
file, I would like to see a code snippet that does this...

-Shayne

-----Original Message-----
From: osg-users-bounces at lists.openscenegraph.org
Osfield
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 11:49 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] cessnafire.osg...

Hi Shayne,

You'll can't put a self contained particle system with file and then
load it and transform it around the world and expect it to
automagicaly work as you want.  What you have to do to move the
particle system out in the world space, and have the emiter local to
the moving object.

Robert.

2008/7/7 Tueller,  Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC