[osg-users] when should use GraphicsWindowWin32

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 09:33:26 PDT 2008

Hi Hui,

What type of application type do you have?  If it's a straight forward
full screen games/visual simulation then just use the OSG's native
windowing and don't go anywhere near Win32/MFC.

If you need to a traditional GUI with menu's and toolboxes then go
ahead an use something Qt/WxWindows/MFC etc.  In this case you'll want
to create your own windows and get osgViewer to create the actual
graphics context for you, as per the osgviewerMFC example.

Robert.