[osg-users] is there a way to select an invisible object?

dimi christop dimi_christop at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 06:20:02 PDT 2008

No Need to become complex here,
I suggest the following:

1) Create one sphere  which is outside of the switch node and at the same position as the sphere inside the switch node (the one you want to turn on/off)
2) Apply a completely transparent material (alpha value) to the sphere outside the switch. So its invisible to the eye (but not to the intersection visitor).
3) Whenever you hit the invisible sphere, turn the switch to true and make the sphere inside the switch visible.

Dimi