[osg-users] Update Optimization

John Burgess john.burgess at rocketmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:47:33 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,
In the update call back, I use the intersector to compute the height above terrain and the normal for each tank and position it on the terrain in every frame. So for 300 tanks, the height and normal computation will be performed 300 times per frame which takes about 700 ms during the update traversal from the traversal time graphical display. What can be done to reduce the update time and yet able to achieve my aim of positioning the tanks correctly on the terrain?
Thanks,
John