[osg-users] no IME support for fullscreen application using osgViewer::Viewer

Gordon Tomlinson gordon at gordon-tomlinson.com
Fri Jul 4 09:11:22 PDT 2008

HI Robert

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/user/ime_paper.mspx

Basically I understand it is z package that needs to be installed (at least
on English OS's), and provides for better support of complex characters and
symbols support, such as Japanese characters, using a standard keyboard,

Perhaps/maybe a way to support this and other niche messages would be a
call-back of some form to allow users to plug-in their own support for
specific needs and different non-standard messages etc (if such is not
already supported not look at GraphicsWindowWin32.cpp in long time)

If added this would need to be done by users who use IME and it would
certainly need to be #ifdef'd/config'd out for majority users as their
systems typically would not have support for IME

Gordon Tomlinson

Email   : gordon at GordonTomlinson.com
YIM/AIM : gordon3dBrit
MSN IM  : gordon3dBrit at 3dscenegraph.com