[osg-users] Determining supported file formats

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Thu Jul 3 22:45:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Robert Osfield <robert.osfield at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> > I'm submitting this as a new application (rather than example) and
> calling
> > it "osgio".
>
> Thanks for this useful little utilitity.
>
> I do wonder if we could gather various functions together into a
> single application, something like osginfo, or osgconfig.  For
> instance gdal has gldal-config:
>
> > gdal-config
> Usage: gdal-config [OPTIONS]
>        [--prefix[=DIR]]
>        [--libs]
>        [--dep-libs]
>        [--cflags]
>        [--version]
>        [--ogr-enabled]
>        [--formats]
>
> Perhaps we could go the same route, and have CMake provide config
> details for it.

This isn't a bad idea.  It would certainly be useful for Linux users who
would rather use automake or old-fashioned make itself to build osg
binaries.  What would "--libs" contain though?  You could certainly make it
contain all nodekits being built as part of the OSG as declared in CMake if
that's what you're getting at (so you wouldn't have to update the list
manually)?

As for osgio, it might not be a bad idea to have it's functionality placed
in an "osg-config" or "osginfo" type binary.  Placing this kind of stuff in
osgversion is probably a bad idea.

--
Philip Lowman