[osg-users] Osgswig

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Thu Jul 3 16:56:39 PDT 2008

Nice to hear there is someone using osgSWIG!
I' m using it along with wxpython mainly under Windows.
As a devel environment we are using SPE
If you like, I attach a wxosgviewer contributed by Silvano, a collegue
of mine, our wxwindows expert.
I' m using it also embedded into frames of a wxpython app.

We have a Linux-python savvy, try to run under ubuntu, he managed to run
after som twiddling of the  swig - generated .py files.
He was able to run the examples but  he got  performance problems with
this wxosgviewer using wxpython-gtk.
I' ve not an osg-python-swig linux env to test on, so not able to dig
further

Apart from that, I' m currrently using my patched osgSWIG under winxp
with not many problems.

Thanks in advance, hoping to help

Luigi