[osg-users] Workaround for the problems in OSG / XP / multimonitor/ multithreaded / NVidia

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 02:36:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:13 AM, amalric alexandre
<alex.pixxim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> no need to start a new thread I found my mistake, I was using a
>
> osg::ref_ptr<osgViewer::CompositeViewer>
>
> instead of a
>
> osgViewer::CompositeViewer*
>
> Now the wglMakeCurrent is working correctly.
>
> I don't understand why ref pointer produce this kinf of behaviour, sorry to
> flood you like this.

Using osg::ref_ptr<osgViewer::CompositeViewer> is fine, along as you
don't use it on objects that are created on the stack as C++ will
delete objects on the stack.  You suggestion that change from
ref_ptr<> to C pointer fixing a problem suggests that somewhere along
the line you are mixing things incorrectly, as I don't know you code
it could be a range of things, but I'd guess that the change you've
made suggest a problem elsewhere in your code.