[osg-users] Bump mapping question

Jon Newell jon at vrspace.com.au
Wed Jul 2 17:27:02 PDT 2008

Hi  Judie

A rarer than hens teeth content question :)
We just use a standard 24 bit normal maps,  for which we use a few
different tools,  the least sophisticated or useful of which is the
Nvidia tool, works but is ugly and output is average.
Xnormal  www.*xnormal*.net  and Crazybump http://www.crazybump.com/ are
the primary ones, of which crazy bump is outstanding for extracting
normal maps and displacement maps from images  Xnormal is great for
extracting normal maps from high rez models. X normal  is free,
Crazybump is not.

cheers
Jon