[osg-users] ViewerQT destruction

Virginia Holmstrom v.holmstrom at ama-inc.com
Wed Jul 2 10:59:06 PDT 2008

Robert-

I have modified AdapterWidget.cpp from the osgviewerQt example. Use with Osg 2.4, Qt 3.3.3. It is obviously much simplified from what I have but exhibits a similar problem.

What I changed:
1. Created 3 ViewerQts instead of just 1
2. Added a destructor to ViewerQt
3. Added the Qt::WDestructiveClose flag to the AdapterWidget, which triggers the ViewerQt destructor to be called when the window is closed

How to use:
1. osgViewerQTd.exe cow.osg
2. Mine pops up cascaded, cow in each window
3. Close a window (middle window works well for me)
4. Check remaining windows, cow will likely have disappeard from one of them
5. If this didn't work, try closing the other windows, or running again and closing the windows in a different order.

Thank you so much,
Virginia

Hi Virginia,

There is not much I can do without seeing the problem first hand.  Is it possible to recreate it by modifying the existing osgviewerQT example?  If so, could do this to effectively create a unit test for this particular usage case.

Another possible route with solving this type of usage case might be to explicitly pass in the parent window when creating the graphics context, but leave it to the OSG itself to create the windows rather that QT.  I haven't personally tried this, but it should be possible, even if it requires a few tweaks to the OSG itself to enable it.

Robert.