[osg-users] Performance hit caused by porting from VS 7.1 to VS 9

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Jul 2 05:53:38 PDT 2008

Hi Robert,

> Do the express editions do full optimizations?  I recall previously MS
> used to cap the optimization on the give away versions of VS.

Nope, since 2005 express (8.0 express) it's the full optimizing compiler
that's included.

Rick said he converted the projects for his app from VS7.1 projects,
maybe that causes some options to be set to non-optimal values in the
resulting projects... I would suggest making new projects in VS9.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/