[osg-users] mouse/viewport issues with CompositeViewer

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Jul 2 05:48:31 PDT 2008

Hi Bob,

> I am wondering about the status of this bug/fix (below) that I originally saw discussed back in late Feb. by Paul M., Jean-Sebastien and Robert, and again in late May, with no firm resolution.  I am using OSG 2.4 and appear to be experiencing this same problem using CompositeViewer and slave cameras.  Is the only current option to drop down to osgViewer::Viewer, or will doing a current SVN checkout resolve it?

This fix was committed and is part of OSG 2.4. Perhaps you're seeing
something different, or perhaps it's come back to haunt us? :-)

Try this:

osgpick --CompositeViewer

Does that exhibit the same symptoms as the ones you see? This was the
test bed for the patch I submitted. If the patch was not applied, trying
to rotate the fountain when the composite viewer was on two screens
(hence using slave cameras) gave very little movement. For me at least,
that example shows me that it's fixed.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/