[osg-users] Quicktime osgplugin compile error with eclipse + mingw

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Jul 2 03:54:04 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Andrea Martini <martini.andrea at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
> i have some problem when i try to compile quicktime osg plugin and
> openscenegraph 2.2.0.
> I'm going to compile openscenegraph 2.2.0 with minGW 3.14 and Eclipse 3.3.2
> using CMake 2.6.0.
> I have downloaded quicktime SDK (version 7.1) and i have specified include
> and lib variables in CMAKE gui application.
> I'm using msys to compile openscenegraph, but at osgplugins QuickTime i get
> this error:
>
> O:\OpenSceneGraph-2.2.0\OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\quicktime\MovieData.cpp:
> In member function `void MovieData::_initImage(osg::Image*)':
> O:\OpenSceneGraph-2.2.0\OpenSceneGraph\src\osgPlugins\quicktime\MovieData.cpp:115:
> error: `GL_BGRA_EXT' was not declared in this scope
> mingw32-make[2]: ***
> [src/osgPlugins/quicktime/CMakeFiles/osgdb_qt.dir/MovieData.obj] Error 1
> mingw32-make[1]: *** [src/osgPlugins/quicktime/CMakeFiles/osgdb_qt.dir/all]
> Error 2
> mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Could anyone gives me any suggestion?

Some movies are apparantly encoded in BGRA instead of the more traditional
RGBA format.  My first thought is that the OpenGL header file you're
including doesn't support the GL_EXT_bgra extension.  See this webpage for
some more details.  It would be interesting to know what OpenGL extensions
are not supported when compiling against a MinGW GL/gl.h

http://www.opengl.org/resources/features/OGLextensions/

I believe you could work around this with a software patch by swapping the
blue and red channels on the entire buffer.

--
Philip Lowman