[osg-users] Win32 window resize mouse cursors

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
Wed Jul 30 06:09:52 PDT 2008

Hello all,

Along with another Win32 fix I'll be submitting soon (see the "Win32
keyboard bug" message I just sent), I'd like to fix another issue that's
been nagging me a bit, which is that when you move the mouse cursor to
the edge of an osgViewer window, they don't change to the "resize"
arrows. You can resize the window just fine, but the visual hint that
you can is not present.

I'm not extremely familiar with low-level Win32 windowing, but I'm
willing to code up the fix if someone can point me in the right
direction. Where should this happen? Is there a check based on mouse
position in which if the position is near an edge of the window I can
make the cursor change?

Help from a Win32 guru would be appreciated, just to get me started.
Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay    jean-sebastien.guay at cm-labs.com
                                http://www.cm-labs.com/