[osg-users] Pick color from scene

Viggo Løvli vigigio at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 29 00:23:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

I want to do a ray-intersection toward a tree model (as an example) and ignore the hit-location if it contain zero alpha value. Basically this is a line-of-sight-check that take textures into consideration.

I think a good way is to use the existing intersection system and thus produce a list of hit-locations. I will then for each hit location need to figure out what alpha-value it holds. I can then ignore those hit-locations that we can see through.

So, I am looking for a scene-graph color-picker.

Does anybody have something like this that they want to share?

Note: I am not looking for something that use hardware to render part of the scene and then a read-back from hardware. This should be CPU only :-)

Regards,
Viggo