[osg-users] Boundingsphere precision question

Ariasgore ariasgore at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 04:42:16 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to rescale models to a boundingsphere of the radius 0.5, so that
the model is not bigger than 1. in any dimension.
But while rescaling I found some strange detail and I don't know how to
treat with that.
Here is a screenshot of the NPS Tank from the tutorials
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2011/tankspherefi9.gif
the same applies to the cessna.osg and so on.

The bounding sphere is much bigger than the model itself and I require
precise boundary values. Is this something that lies within the model or is
this an offset applied to the boundingsphere? However I would like to have a
precise boundingsohere.

Thanks