[osg-users] Taking an image (screenshot)...

Ariasgore ariasgore at gmx.de
Sun Jul 27 02:46:54 PDT 2008

Hello,
basically I have already found a solution to take a simple screenshot from
the output buffer, like
image->readPixels(0,0,1280,1024, GL_RGB,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE);

The problem is, that I don't want to capture the actual screen, I have two
different view modes one is presented to the user with a viewer and contains
a lot of debug output, which is text, additional geometry and the rendered
object itself. The image, I require to save should only contain the rendered
object but no debug output.
It is the same position and same perspektive. Switching between debug for
user and no debug for saving would cause some really annoying flickering and
it is actually not necessary to output the no-debug rendering to the view,
it should be only saved (which also would speed up the process, I believe)

Another solution would be a split screen with debug and no debug view, but I
think this is not necessary nor usefull, because the no-debug output does
not contain any valuable information to look at.

Thanks