[osg-users] locking 3d text in front of camera

Joe Lyga jdlyga at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 17:06:04 PDT 2008

Hi osg-users.  I'm kind of new to openscenegraph and 3d programming, and I'm
having a problem.  I'm trying to position a 3d text object to be in a fixed
position directly in front of the camera, so it's always in the same
position in the lower left corner of the screen.  It would be much easier to
do this as a 2d overlay, but in this case it needs to be 3d.  I have the
camera's view matrix to work with, and I can get the eye, look, and up
vectors from that to position the text.  I have a feeling that I have to do
some vector math here, but I haven't been able to find anything that helps
yet.  Does anyone have any ideas?