[osg-users] OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0-rc1 tagged

Robert Osfield robert.osfield at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:10:42 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have just tagged OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0-rc1:

    http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/tags/OpenSceneGraph-2.6.0-rc1/

And have made the OpenSceneGraph-2.6 branch:

    http://www.openscenegraph.org/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/branches/OpenSceneGraph-2.6/

I've also put up links on the downloads page:

   http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads

The plan is now to test 2.6.0-rc1 and the OpenSceneGraph-2.6 branch to
spot problems that need resolving.  My guess is that we will need a
couple more rc's before that final 2.6.0 stable is tagged.  During the
shake down of OpenSceneGaph-2.6 we'll use the branch as the basis,
rather than trunk and further rc's will be made from the
OpenSceneGraph-2.6 branch.

We have several members of the community that have write permission to
the branches:

  Paul Martz
  Bob Kuehne
  Paul Melis (new)
  Eric Sokolowski (new)
  Jeremy Moles (new)

And myself of course, although I'll be away next week so it's up to
these guys to check in your fixes ;-)

On my return I'll merge fixes from the OpenSceneGraph-2.6 branch back
into SVN trunk.  I'll also do a review of all the changes made against
the branch 2.6.

Thanks to all those who've pitched in with new functionality in 2.6,
and all the testing and debugging.