[osg-users] Freetype Plugin not found

Ariasgore ariasgore at gmx.de
Thu Jul 24 05:18:17 PDT 2008

I have already read about cmakes problem when it comes to freetype, but I
checked my osgPlugins-2.4.0 folder, there is a osg_freetyped.dll in it.
Whilte trying to load a file, I get the  "Warning: Could not find plugin to
read objects from file ..."
I recompiled osg_freetyped.dll and also a freetype.dll from 2.3.7 source,
put that into output directory.
Basically I can load png files, so the folders are found but not with
freetype.
I set OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL to DEBUG but unfortunately didnt get more error
messages :/
My suspicition is that there is something wrong rather with
osg_freetyped.dll than with freetype.dll itself because if osg cannot locate
the osg_x.dll I get the warning from above, but if the plugin itself is
missing -> eg. libpngd.dll I get an additional windows error which is here
not present.

Thanks