[osg-users] Openflight sequence loading

Max Bandazian mbandazian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:46:05 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm loading several animated billboards stored in openflight files, and
found that they are running their animation by frames rather than by time
(i.e. when the framerate changes, the animation speed changes). I can fix it
in this case by traversing the loaded nodes and setting setSync(true) on all
osg::Sequence nodes, but it seems like this shouldn't be necessary.  After
looking through the openflight loader source, there doesn't seem to be any
way to configure it to do this automatically.  Is this correct?  If it is
correct, I'm wondering whether the osg::Sequence default value for sync is a
bug or a feature. It seems like "true" is the more normal and useful
setting.

Thanks,
Max Bandazian