[osg-users] vpb on cluster example

J.P. Delport jpdelport at csir.co.za
Tue Jul 22 07:04:03 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've managed to build a terrain database using vpb on a Linux single
system image cluster.

Robert, thanks for the great tools.

The build took 50 hours using 8 dual core nodes and generated 1.5
million files with a total size of 487GB. The input data is around 800GB
of geotiffs.

I'd like to share the setup and procedure, where should I put it? OSG
Wiki, VPB Wiki?

regards
jp