[osg-users] Compiling from XCode 3.0 with 10.5 SDK

Frank van Meurs Frank.vanMeurs at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jul 22 03:05:45 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm currently trying to compile OpenSceneGraph for use on my mac,
running Leopard, through the supplied XCode project. Reading through
the release notes, I noticed the 10.4 vs 10.5 warnings, concerning the
GLenum type. Seeing as I only need OSG on my own mac, I then tried to
build it with 10.5 as a deployment target, using the 10.5 SDK.

However, as I don't know a great deal about XCode (yet), I would like
to have something verified. While inspecting the dependencies for OSG
in the targets and building OSG, I noticed that, although specifying "/
Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk" as the "Base SDK Path" and "Mac OS X
10.5" as the "Mac OS X Deployment Target" in the "AllStandardTargets"
target, this doesn't seem to propagate to all the prerequisite
targets. My question therefore is, should this be the case, i.e.
should all the prerequisite targets also have these settings, or will
this implicitly propagate (this doesn't seem to be the case as
compiling osgdb_qt triggers warnings from deprecated code in the
10.4.sdk).

Thanks in advance!

Frank